Cmd-\ has stopped working for 1P on Mac in Firefox browser.

bld_jcm2
bld_jcm2
Community Member

I can still use the 1P-mini to search my logins and go to a website. Cmd-\ will then work to fill-in user-id and password. However, it does not work at the outset to pull up the 1P-mini (well, the 1P-mini does flash on for a moment before it disappears). The 1P-extension is enabled in Firefox. I tried removing and the reloading the 1P-extension. It shows I have the extension, but when I enter the code it endlessly searches for the 1P application. I have the application, the mini, and the extension, and the shortcut key is appropriately active, however the shortcut is not working properly.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.8
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Cmd-\ has stopped working

Comments

• @bld_jcm2,

what happens if you install the beta extension via https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions ?

Rudy

• bld_jcm2
    bld_jcm2
    Community Member

I haven't tried the beta extension. However, I found that Cmd-Opt-\ does have the expected behavior of opening the 1P mini and allowing selection of the website and launches properly. Cmd-\ will only fill-in information, not launch.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@bld_jcm2: Correct. ⌘ \ is the 1Password keyboard shortcut to "fill Login on current web page", and ⌘ ⌥ \ is "show 1Password mini". It sounds like both are working for you correctly. Is that not the case?

This discussion has been closed.