Does 1P4 work in Snow Leopard?

1) Is sync to a local folder available in 1Password 4?

I'm in the process of upgrading to Yosemite from Snow Leopard and 1P wants me to upgrade to 1P4 in Yosemite.

2) Does 1P4 work in Snow Leopard?

Check for upgrade in my 1P v3.8.2 (build 32010) in Snow Leopard reports: "Check for Update Failed. Check for Update failed with error: Could not understand response from server. Please try again later."

3) If 1P4 enables me to sync to a local folder (rather than alias to a folder somewhere I choose) between the two as I run both while completing the upgrade, then I'll take it. If not, then it seems that staying with 1P3 is the best option - assuming than aliasing to a folder somewhere I choose works, check?

1Password Version: 1Password 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.6.8 and 10.10.5
Sync Type: local folder

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

1) Is sync to a local folder available in 1Password 4? I'm in the process of upgrading to Yosemite from Snow Leopard and 1P wants me to upgrade to 1P4 in Yosemite.

@lifestrateg: Yes, you can sync with a local folder with 1Password 4.

2) Does 1P4 work in Snow Leopard?

No. 1Password 4 runs on Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

Check for upgrade in my 1P v3.8.2 (build 32010) in Snow Leopard reports: "Check for Update Failed. Check for Update failed with error: Could not understand response from server. Please try again later."

We've made changes to our update server in the years since 1Password 3 was discontinued, so that won't work.

3) If 1P4 enables me to sync to a local folder (rather than alias to a folder somewhere I choose) between the two as I run both while completing the upgrade, then I'll take it. If not, then it seems that staying with 1P3 is the best option - assuming than aliasing to a folder somewhere I choose works, check?

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but that sounds like a bad idea. Why are you aliasing a folder? Are you trying to share the same vault on disk between multiple instances of 1Password?

This discussion has been closed.