It may help the movers from Standalone to 1Password.com

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I have had this idea which is to designate an Imported from... Vault. Like Imported from 1Password Standalone v4 Win for example. That's too long a vault name and could be shortened. Also I need to keep in mind that Windows allows a max. 256 character file name but the Web App appears not to accept it.

Being in the position to have Mac iOS and Windows versions, it does get confusing, at times, to separate the various items from the respective platforms.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I hear you. I'm using a bit of everything too. Can you clarify where you're running into trouble with the import process?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Well I did my imports haphazardly I'm afraid. I did not follow the steps outlined. I just used 1Password 6 for Windows at the time when it was permissible to for the app to see Dropbox. I started with v6.1 or v.6.2?

I have multiple identical items.

• Ben
    Options

Well I did my imports haphazardly I'm afraid. I did not follow the steps outlined

I could certainly see how that might cause difficulties. :) One way that we're improving upon this experience via the web import is we now have it such that after it has completed the import it shows you a list of the items it has imported. It now also includes a button for undoing the import by trashing all of those items that were imported. This way if for some reason the import goes wrong you can easily throw those items out.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! @Ben,

Is there an ETA for this feature?

• Ben
    Options

It is available now. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.