1password extension for Google Chrome is not working.

1password extension for Google Chrome is not working.
I have 1password6 installed in my PC also with extension for Google Chrome.
for the first time, extension for Google Chrome worked correctly but (maybe) after install AVG Internet Security and AVG PC TuneUp, the extension stop working.
the extension notice me that "Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension."
- Tried to re-install both 1password6 and the extension several times but still not working.
- Tried to turned off AVG Internet security but the extenstion still not working too.
I'm not sure failure of the extension come from AVG software as others extensions like Evernote still work correctly.

anyone please help.

1Password : 6.7.451
extension for Google Chrome : 4.6.8.90
AVG Internet Security : 17.5.3022
AVG PC TuneUp : 16.74.2.60831

1Password Version: 6.7.451
Extension Version: 4.6.8.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @apiwat_jar7,

I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password!

To get a better idea of what is happening, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you have this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• rmi63
    rmi63
    Community Member

I am having the exact same problem. I recently upgraded to the latest version of 1password and now my chrome extension is grayed out. I was not having any problems for several years until i upgraded. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the chrome extension but it does not work anymore.

• Hi @rmi63,

Thanks for writing in. Please email us your 1Password diagnostics report as instructed by Greg above your post.

The 1Password icon is grayed out because the 1Password extension cannot find the 1Password native messaging process to connect to, which mean there's a problem with 1Password on the computer, not the extension itself. There are a few reasons for this but the diagnostics report should give us a clue as what it is.

• Denys Davydov
    Denys Davydov
    Community Member

I have same problem too. I already send Diagnostic report and my support number is #ZAC-52494-697

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Hi @Denys Davydov,

Found your email on our side and we will get back to you soon. Thank you!

ref: ZAC-52494-697

• apiwat_jar7
    apiwat_jar7
    Community Member

Hi @Greg,

i sent my diagnostics report as support ID : #WIZ-98966-876

Thank you for your help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@apiwat_jar7:

I found your email and will try to reply to you today. Thanks! :+1:

ref: WIZ-98966-876

• tahirmus
    tahirmus
    Community Member

@Greg I'm also facing the same problem. Have you identified the problem? any solution?

• Hey @tahirmus! It's best if we take a look at your issue individually. Since anti-malware and other third-party software can sometimes cause trouble with the extension, there's not always one universal solution. Could you send us a diagnostics report via e-mail?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Do not post your diagnostics on the forum, but please do include a link to this thread and your forum username in your e-mail.

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :chuffed:

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :+1:

• TonyTag
    TonyTag
    Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem and notified support yesterday and received an auto reply indicating support was busier than usual and I should try to solve the problem myself by reviewing supplied reference material. Not off to a good start with this service and thinking about cancelling if this is the level of service you provide

• waterbaby64
    waterbaby64
    Community Member

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Have been using this for years. Absolutely love it. This big a goof is not normal. But it is a big one.

I sent my diagnostic report as well (#NHG-39357-299). This needs to be fixed quickly!

• waterbaby64
    waterbaby64
    Community Member

Well, a reboot of my PC appears to have solved the problem.

• TonyTag
    TonyTag
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

You know what would be great? If someone from agilebits actually provided some assistance. I reported the problem Wednesday afternoon and I have received ZERO help. I've never experienced such poor support from any company ever before in my life. No phone support, no online chat support, and not even real email support.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@waterbaby64, thank you for keeping us posed! I am glad to hear a reboot helped. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. :+1:

@TonyTag, I apologise for the experience you are having with 1Password and the delay with our response. I checked your account and it seems you have a different issue. Could you please follow the steps in the email I've just sent your way and let me know if it works for you after that? Thank you in advance!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

• lily_campaign
    lily_campaign
    Community Member

Hi - I am having the same problem but I am using a Macbook Pro. Can you send me the Diagnostics Report for a Mac please?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lily_campaign: Can you elaborate? Which OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, and what are the the exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect? Make sure you install the latest version of 1Password, the extension, and the browser, so they are all compatible with each other:

https://1password.com/downloads/
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    https://www.google.com/chrome/

Us sending you a diagnostics report won't help I'm afraid, but if you'll let us know some details about your situation I'm sure we can help. Thanks in advance! :)

• alexaz
    alexaz
    Community Member

Frustrating is an understatement ... this Chrome extension issue has been going on for a couple of months ... and I can't use Safari because I do a ton of FB ads and FB requires Chrome for Power Editor. I used to recommend 1Password to all our clients and subscribers; however, now I can't do that anymore because this issue is not only slowing down our work flow but when we do live training webinars for our clients & subscribers they see all the extra steps we have to take just to get a password to login to the sites we use for the training. We've been using 1Password for over 7 years and really don't want to start looking for another app ... but we can't jack up our work flow every day to get access to our passwords either. Ticket #BGC-67882-761

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017

@alexaz: We do understand that this is annoying and disruptive, but the recent changes to the extension are necessary so the extension remains compatible with forthcoming changes to Chrome and Firefox. While we'd always prefer that these changes go without any hiccups, that's rarely the case for even the most minor change and major ones are bound to come with more. We'll do our best to resolve this for you quickly so that you can go back to the old days of an uninterrupted workflow in Chrome ASAP. I've found your e-mail and received your diagnostics, so we'll take a look and continue this conversation there. :+1:

ref: BGC-67882-761

• nzeynalov
    nzeynalov
    Community Member

I have same problem. sent report. ticket number is #FGA-98442-246.

• Thanks, we have the report and will reply to your email as soon as possible.

ref: FGA-98442-246

• naderslim
    naderslim
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Guys, this issue seems wide spread amongst many users. Why are we treating it like it's a unique scenario for each of us. If you have any advice or a solution / workaround, please post it here for others who are in the same scenario...

...one would assume you don't have a fix for this and that it will remain broken for many of us.

Can you provide a status on this problem? Is there an update coming out?

This affects Chrome on both of my computers in the same way. (1password icon keeps blinking greyed out and solid)

Please provide some informative feedback.

• @naderslim: We're treating these as unique because many of them are. You'll notice your symptoms (blinking greyed out and solid) aren't even mentioned in this thread. This is meant to minimize the problem. I know when the extension stops working, it's a pain, but the reason can range from a setting getting disabled to interference from anti-malware software to an installation problem to yes, potentially a bug on our end.

That said, without some basic information about your setup, it's difficult for us to know where to start with your issue. This is the Windows topic, but I believe I've only seen your symptoms on Mac, so I'm going to ask anyway -- are you using a Mac or a PC? What versions of 1Password and the extension do you have installed? This sort of information helps us give informative feedback. Otherwise, we're just guessing. Thanks! :+1:

• mandumandu
    mandumandu
    Community Member

Diagnostics sent for #QDP-93875-452

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mandumandu: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: QDP-93875-452

• OtalpJ
    OtalpJ
    Community Member

My diagnostic report is found on ticket #SVW-96212-994. Please review and help get my Chrome and Firefox extensions working.

Thanks in advance.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@OtalpJ: I've already replied to your email, so please check your inbox. Let's continue our conversation there. Thank you! :+1:

ref: #SVW-96212-994

• edmoore55
    edmoore55
    Community Member

Hello,
    New user to 1Password. Just encountered the same issue. "Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension."
    Installed browser application and browser extension on my home PC (Firefox) this weekend. All went well.
    Installed same on my work PC (Chrome) today. Same issues as this thread. The toolbar icon for 1Password is not gray; when I select it I get the message listed above.

• @edmoore55: Could you follow the instructions in this comment and send us a diagnostics report from the work PC where you're having this problem? This will help us track down the issue. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Syntrix
    Syntrix
    Community Member

Same issue, ticket number LSX-82448-258

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Syntrix,

Found your ticket and will reply to you via email ASAP. Thanks!

ref: LSX-82448-258

This discussion has been closed.