Starter kit items

You started adding starterkit items to my personal faults, awesome, but once is enough, also I don't want to store my MP anywhere for my main account and you saved it in my personal fault tagged with "Starter Kit"

Some items where in there like 3 or 4 times

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.8.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@srcoder: I sincerely apologize about that! There was a short period between v0.8.1 and v0.8.2 where we had a small bug in 1Password for Chrome (this is a private beta after all).

The starter items (tagged with Starter Kit) are something we introduced a few months ago, but they should only be created on new accounts (during the very first login). Since we don't know your Master Password, Secret Key, or the encryption keys derived from them – the new items can only be created after the 1Password account is created and a user signs in. Unfortunately, while we were vastly improving our authentication system with the 1Password servers we inadvertently started triggering the process that creates these items.

You'll notice in the change log of v0.8.2 we have this entry (which is where I fixed this bug but any items created need to be deleted by the user):

[FIXED] No longer creating starter items on each sign in.

For anyone who doesn't already know, the starter items are pretty cool. On brand new accounts, we leave a few gifts for our new customers to help them understand 1Password. Instead of signing in and finding an empty vault, they now have a few items to help get them started (hence the name). Here's what we create:

1. Login item (on individual accounts only) – Contains the account Username, Password, Sign-in address, and Secret Key.
    2. Identity item – Contains the first name, last name, and email address used during account signup.
    3. Secure note – Contains some helpful links to our support resources and a friendly welcome note.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, this was certainly not intentional, and we pushed out a fix as fast as possible. Please let us know if you have any questions.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member

@beyer ok, didn't catch that, searched for "Starter Kit" in answers.

Thanks for the explanation for the few others who may end up here

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, I appreciate you bringing it up! :) :+1:

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.