Do i need to open a family account? Won't an additional vault do for my wife?

Options
pils1959
pils1959
Community Member

I have had a 1password licence for years. But do i need to open a family account? Won't an additional vault for my wife to use do?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8 (680014) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5 (16F73)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have had a 1password account for years. But do i need to open a family account? Won't an additional vault for my wife to use do?

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Sharing passwords with other family members is a LOT easier with a family account. I've tried to work with two Dropbox vaults in the past, but I always found it cumbersome having to switch vaults all the time.
    With a family account you have everything in one place. I would recommend going for the trial and see if it fits. Currently there's even a 6 months trial so you have a lot of time to test it. You need to use this link to sign up for the trial: https://1password.com/promo/precious/?c=DAVELUVSU

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @pils1959! Thanks for asking. :) You can use 1Password as you always have if you're happy with it, but as Manaburner mentioned there are a lot of nice benefits to 1Password Families. Automatic sync and sharing with your wife and anyone else in your family is the main one, and you also get automatic backups with item history so you can restore previous versions of items, as well as all the 1Password apps included with the subscription.

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If that's what you're looking for, you can sign up and move your existing data over then invite your wife and family to get rolling. :)

This discussion has been closed.