Android Rich icons not working for new entries

Options
kthompso1970
kthompso1970
Community Member

I received a new Android Galaxy S8+ phone, installed the app and imported my backup of logins. All the existing entries show Rich icons. Any new entries do not use Rich icons. I turned off Rich icons, re-started app and none displayed. Turned Rich icons back on and they only came back for the original entries, new entries still do not display Rich icons.
Anything to do other than uninstall app and re-install?

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 7.0
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Android show rich icons not working

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kthompso1970: Is it a particular site you're having trouble with? Knowing the URL would be helpful. I just tested this here and I'm not seeing 1Password for Android having trouble downloading the rich icons for either my Dropbox or 1Password.com vaults, so I wonder if there's some connection issue, perhaps temporary, that's causing this for you. Let me know and I'll be happy to test this further!

• kthompso1970
    kthompso1970
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty,
    Thanks for the reply. I might not be fully clear on what I am experiencing. I use the app on my Android phone. In the app I go to Categories, then Logins. Here is where I have created entries for all my logins for various accounts and web sites. When I first started using the App over a year ago, when I created a new entry, when I gave the login a new title (say Gmail), and put my username and password, it would change the icon to the Gmail logo(icon).
    About a month ago I receive a new phone. On the old phone I exported the Vault. On the new phone, I installed the app and imported the Vault so all my entries were populated.
    Now when I create a new Login entry (say another Gmail account), it creates the entry but uses the generic grey lock icon, instead of the Gmail icon like the other entries do.
    Is there some way to get new entries to display the rich icons? It happens where I am on cellular or WiFi so I don't believe its a connection issue. Is there some permission for the app that needs to be done maybe?
    Thanks,
    Keith

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kthompso1970: Thanks for getting back to me! Just to confirm, do you have the Pro features unlocked in 1Password for Android? You can check this in settings. Also, are you creating/editing these items on your phone directly, or syncing them from somewhere else? If you can give me a few example URLs I'll be happy to test and make sure that there isn't a problem on our end. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.