A couple of questions about Families...

Options
btownguy
btownguy
Community Member

Is it possible to downgrade Families back to an individual 1password.com account? Let's say that I'm the organizer and I invite my wife and my son. Later I find out that despite my best efforts to enlighten them they just don't adopt using it. Can I then downgrade Families back to an individual subscription?

Unrelated to the previous question, is the following scenario possible in Families? Again, I would invite my wife and my son. My understanding is that we would each have our personal vaults and we would all share a shared vault. Would it be possible, through permissions or something, to give my wife and I (the parents) view only permission into my son's personal vault? He is young but I want to get him into using good security habits early. I'm not yet ready for him to be "out in the wild" with us not knowing his credentials to various sites. Is this scenario possible?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member
    Options

One additional question to add. On the shared vault, can you set some family members to "read only"? If I share the Netflix account or the DirecTV account, I don't really want my kids to have the ability to mistakenly edit or delete it.

• Jacob
    Options

Howdy @btownguy! I just replied to your other thread as well. :) It is possible to convert a family account to an individual one if you decide to. You need to delete all the family members first, then you can convert the account in your browser:

1. Sign in to your account at 1Password.com.
    2. In the sidebar, click Settings.
    3. Click the convert button at the bottom of the page.

Your subscription will be adjusted automatically.

Unrelated to the previous question, is the following scenario possible in Families? Again, I would invite my wife and my son. My understanding is that we would each have our personal vaults and we would all share a shared vault. Would it be possible, through permissions or something, to give my wife and I (the parents) view only permission into my son's personal vault? He is young but I want to get him into using good security habits early. I'm not yet ready for him to be "out in the wild" with us not knowing his credentials to various sites. Is this scenario possible?

The personal vault is only available to that person, so instead I'd recommend changing his default vault for saving items to a shared one in the 1Password apps. That way new items will go in there. It doesn't prevent him from saving items to his personal one, but it can help. Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.