1Password.com Families - Windows: how do you choose what vault to save a new item to?

Options
btownguy
btownguy
Community Member

Title pretty much says it all. I don't see a "default save to" option. Also, when I create a new item, how do I specify which vault I want it saved to?

1Password Version: 6.7.454
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com for Families

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @btownguy! Great question, and I just answered this in another thread. :lol: To change where new items are saved, open and unlock 1Password for Windows and click the gear icon (Settings), then choose Options from the "Vault for saving" menu, select a vault. :) Hope that helps!

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, how did I miss that. I assume then that the logic is as follows:
    If I'm viewing "All Vaults", new items will save in the default specified in the "Vault for saving"
    If I'm viewing the shared family vault, new items will save there.
    If I'm viewing my personal vault, new items will save there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's correct in the main 1Password app window. It will use the current vault you're viewing, or the one specified in Settings when you're in All Vaults. However, since 1Password doesn't have a "current vault" status when saving a login in the browser, it will always default to the one specified in Settings, but there's a dropdown to select a different one if you want. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.