Change user on a device

rcgregory
rcgregory
Community Member

I have a 1password.com family account. I have added my wife as a member and given her access to a few vaults. However, when I set up her new laptop, I downloaded the 1Password app and mistakenly logged in as myself. I cannot find any options to change the "owner" of the app to my wife. How can I do this? (She now has access to all MY logins...)

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rcgregory! I'll be happy to help you out! :chuffed:

If it was a brand-new installation of 1Password that you set up with your sign-in details, then what you can do is go through our "start over" procedure; this will erase any local 1Password data in the user-profile on the laptop, and when you run 1Password again afterwards, you'll get our "welcome" screen and can sign in using your wife's sign-in details. Here's a link to our guide: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

I hope that helps! :+1:

• rcgregory
    rcgregory
    Community Member

John_m... Thanks. I found another route. Hope it is also acceptable: I opened 1Password6 (6.8), opened Preferences>Accounts and deleted the original account (mine) from the list at the left. I then added my wife by scanning the QR code created when I first set her up. We only see the vaults she needs to see, so I think this worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yep! That works too! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.