secure notes data from Android not working in 1Password for Mac

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello,
today I opened an existing secure note inside 1Password for Android (version 6.6.beta-2). It was not possible to add any new details except there was a last line at the button of all other details. There I put some information inside.

Now I opened this secure note inside my Mac version and see an error. My error is in German but means there is an unknown typ of field and this field is not support by 1Password.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Philipp! Can you elaborate a bit on the steps? So far I'm unable to reproduce the issue. Tapping in a Secure Note allows me to add edits anywhere. Also, is your language set to German on the Android device as well? What is the make and model of the device, and what version of Android is it running?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Hello @peri
    Yes, my device is set to German. I have a Nexus 5X with latest security update from August. And I use your latest 1Password beta version 6.6.BETA-2.

How you can reproduce it always

1. Create a new note on your Mac. Add any name you like (maybe "test"). You can also add note you like, but it is not important. Now everything is working.
    2. But now add also any information to the box below. So for example write on left side "user" and on the right side "testuser".
    3. Save this and open it inside Android device.
    4. Open the note and enter to the name "testuser" something like "123" and save it.
    5. Open this note on your Mac and you will get the error.

Hope you will see it also.
    Best regards, Philipp

• Thanks @Philipp. I'm still not able to reproduce. Are both the Mac and Android in German? Also, is the item in a 1Password account or a standalone vault?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hello @peri
    Both is German and running over 1Password account and the Mac version ist from MAS.
    Do you need any further details?

• Thanks @Philipp! I've followed the steps you so kindly provided, including changing my language on both devices to German, but I'm still not seeing the issue.

Can you please update 6.6.BETA-4 on Android, and make sure you're using the latest version on Mac as well? Does that help?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hello @peri
    With beta-4 the problem is resolved. I was not able to reproduce it.
    But I think something was changed with secure notes structure, because with the version before there was an editable line at the footer. This one is vanished. But this one was not important for me. I don't care.
    Thanks for your helping hands!

• That's good news, Philipp! I'm glad to hear the problem is resolved now. Please let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.