1password for families epic fail at this time

mikefmiller
mikefmiller
Community Member

Migrating family who shared cloud vault. 1P for families is such an epic fail at this time. No Chrome support, no Edge support. Horrendously tedious login to acquaint for family members. Loved it, now hate it! So disappointed on rushed product!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password for families epic fail at this time

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Which version of 1Password are you talking about? Which platform? And what do you mean by "No Chrome support"? 1Password is working fine for me in Chrome on Mac and Windows and I too have a family account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mikefmiller: Indeed, please let us know more about your setup, and the issues you're having, so we can help! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving an error message when you try to use 1Password in Chrome? Edge support is not available yet, but that has nothing to do with 1Password Families as it isn't possible with any previous version either; we're working with Microsoft to get that working in 1Password 6. Let me know what you find, and I'm sure we can help you get things sorted! :)

• AlmaJoeSmithJr
    AlmaJoeSmithJr
    Community Member

How do I eliminate all of the family logins created when I tried the family plan for the free trial period. Rest of family did not want to do it so I did not pay for the plan after trial period ended but now have all these duplicates that are frozen.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlmaJoeSmithJr: What duplicates are you referring to? Can you walk me through how you have things setup now, and what you're trying to do going forward?

• AlmaJoeSmithJr
    AlmaJoeSmithJr
    Community Member

I set up during the trial period an account AJ Smith Family and it duplicated all my logins. After doing this my family said they were not interested in using the family plan yet I cannot remove the account and if I click on one of the logins within that account I get a message the account is frozen until I register and pay.

• Hi AlmaJoeSmithJr - Sorry for the trouble and I'll be happy to help out. I believe the data was duplicated due to you still have all the data within your Primary vault. It sounds like the data was "copied" over to your Personal vault. In order to better assist you, let's continue the conversation via email. I'll be in a better position to help from there. When you get a chance, reply back to me and we can work on this together. :smile:

ref: LKK-73167-166

This discussion has been closed.