Options

@snakeears

Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member
    Options

I had same problem. I was advised to use the beta extension by selecting "enable beta" on Firefox extension page, and using that extension (1Password Beta 4.6.9.2). Works like a charm.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for letting us know that helped. We're here if you need anything else! :)

• Begrin
    Begrin
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also experiencing this issue, and it is a grand nuisance. I have tried everything in this thread without success - except using a beta extension. I've sent a diagnostics report. I am posting this here so that the AgileBits Team has extra information that the universal solution has not yet been found.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi @Begrin,

Thanks for sending the diagnostics report. We've found your email and will continue the conversation there to help you get this resolved. Cheers! :)

ref: JDF-24737-183

• midijon
    midijon
    Community Member
    Options

As many people here my 1Password suddenly stopped working in Firefox. The menu icon is greyed out. I was using Firefox 54.0.1. (64 bit) MacOS Yosemite 10.10.5. 1Password 6.7.1 1Password 6 Version 6.7.1 (671001) AgileBits Store plugin last updated August 8th

I tried to update today August 14 with 1Password 6.8 But It Downloads, goes to Update and Relaunch: Extracting Archive, Downloading, but then then nothing happens. In Firefox using plugin 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.6.9 Updated on August 14

But then I did the following and it now seems to work.

1 Updated to Firefox 55.0.1 (64 bit) even though FireFox said 54 was up-to-date. Had to download this through Firefox site. Would not update from "About Firefox".

2 Updated to Password 6.8 by downloading from agilebits site. Would not update directly from "Check for Updates in Application".

1. Installed new Plug in 4.6.9 directly from Agilebits.

Now it works!l

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know. It's really odd that Firefox didn't offer you an update, but I guess it can take some time to get that out there to everyone across the planet. But it does seem like more than a coincidence that you also had problems updating 1Password. Make sure you don't have 3rd party "security" software that's interfering, as that's an issue we see sometimes where it prevents a secure connection from being established — which would break updates for many apps. Anyway, glad to hear it's working for you now!

• fred_w
    fred_w
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I have the same problem on one of my computers. Firefox 57.0a1 Nightly (same as on the other computers where it works).

I am running 1Password 6 - Version 6.8.1.BETA-2 (681002)
    and the Firefox add-on version 1Password Beta 4.6.10.1

Here's browser console output from when the error occurs and the button goes gray in Firefox:

Finished loading auth configuration. Processing callbacks.  global.min.js:83:163
    stderr output from native app 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password: 2017-08-15 11:28:14.805 OnePasswordNativeMessageHost[57055:3859475] 681002 [EXT_NMH:(Main Thread):<OnePasswordNativeMessageHost: 0x7fe68fc0b940>] E run | Launched
    stderr output from native app 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password: 2017-08-15 11:28:14.805 OnePasswordNativeMessageHost[57055:3859475] 681002 [EXT_NMH:(Main Thread):<OPNMXPCConnection: 0x7fe68ff00a70>] E connect | Attempting to connect
    stderr output from native app 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password: 2017-08-15 11:28:14.848 OnePasswordNativeMessageHost[57055:3859474] 681002 [EXT_NMH:(Secondary Thread 0x7fe68fd11420):<OPNMXPCConnection: 0x7fe68ff00a70>] E connect | XPC connection was invalidated or interrupted
    stderr output from native app 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password: 2017-08-15 11:28:14.848 OnePasswordNativeMessageHost[57055:3859474] 681002 [EXT_NMH:(Main Thread):<OPNMXPCConnection: 0x7fe68ff00a70>] E tearDownXPCConnectionAndWaitPatiently | Waiting for Mini to return
    stderr output from native app 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password: 2017-08-15 11:28:14.849 OnePasswordNativeMessageHost[57055:3859474] 681002 [EXT_NMH:(Secondary Thread 0x7fe68fd11420):<OPNMXPCConnection: 0x7fe68ff00a70>] E connect | XPC connection error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4097 "connection to service named 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=connection to service named 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper}
    stderr output from native app 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password: 2017-08-15 11:28:14.849 OnePasswordNativeMessageHost[57055:3859474] 681002 [EXT_NMH:(Secondary Thread 0x7fe68fd11420):<OnePasswordNativeMessageHost: 0x7fe68fc0b940>] E terminate: | Terminating
    [CHROME:NM] Port <[object Object]> disconnected: No disconnect message  global.min.js:232:262
    [AGENT] Connection [object NativeMessagingConnection] disconnected.  global.min.js:98:201
    1Password detected a high number of disconnections from the browser extension to the main application between Tue Aug 15 2017 11:26:33 GMT-0700 (PDT) and Tue Aug 15 2017 11:28:14 GMT-0700 (PDT)  global.min.js:232:611
    [AGENT] Connection [object NativeMessagingConnection] disconnected.  global.min.js:98:201

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fred_w,

Can you do the following for me please. Ensure Firefox, 1Password and our extension are all up to date (at least two of them have newer versions since you posted) and then restart your Mac.

Use Firefox and 1Password normally until the issue reappears and create a diagnostic report for us please. This link will provide the steps and link to the diagnostic reporting tool.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. Can you post that here to help us locate it. We'll see if the diagnostic report sheds any more light on what is happening.

• navinpatna
    navinpatna
    Community Member
    Options

I have installed 1password 4.4.3 on Macbook Pro with OSX 10.9.5. The After installing browser extension for Firefox, the 1password button is appearing greyed out and disabled.
    Pl suggest solution for this issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

@navinpatna: As I mentioned above, this will not work. Since earlier this year Firefox is now using a new code signature which 1Password 4 does not support since it was discontinued years ago. Similarly, Firefox is also using Native Messaging now to communicate with 1Password, and version 4 was created years before this existed and was rolled out recently. You may be able to use an older version of the extension, but you're really on borrowed time and need to consider updating your system, as Apple no longer supports Mavericks and the browsers won't going forward either. We're happy to help you with 1Password, but you'll be increasingly limited by your legacy setup. Newer versions of 1Password are waiting for you, but you won't have the benefit of the work we've done in recent years without upgrading first.

ref: MAD-81663-368

• lexk
    lexk
    Community Member
    Options

Updated 1Password, updated Firefox to 55.02, removed and reinstalled extension, still gray and not working (on Windows)

• miscdenied
    miscdenied
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Had the same Grey Button and solve that problem by downloading an old version of the extension (4.6.6)
    It was with Firefox 54 and still works with Firefox 55 that I just downloaded 5 mn ago
    Hope it works for you guys

• lexk
    lexk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @miscdenied
    4.6.6 extension works (can be found here https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

@miscdenied, @lexk: Version 4.6.9 of the 1Password Firefox extension works, and uses Native Messaging. The only reason you'd need an older version is if you were still using a legacy OS/1Password version which does not support Native Messaging. And in that case extension version 4.6.8 will work for you. If you're having trouble with this using the latest Firefox, 1Password, and extension versions, it's likely that Native Messaging is disabled in 1Password. You can enable it under Help > Advanced in version 4, or Settings > Options > Advanced in version 6. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jatkin02
    jatkin02
    Community Member
    Options

I was seeing precisely the same issues with Firefox 55.0.2 and Firefox 52.0.2ESR on Windows 10 (10.0.15063 Build 15063). I use 1Password v4.6.2.625 + the v4.6.10.90 1Password extension.

Brenty's note from 8/20 resolved the issue for the time being. Turning on Native Messaging did reactivate 1Password in Firefox.

Thank you Brenty!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation, @jatkin02! Glad it's working for you again!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• Leo_G
    Leo_G
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! This problem seems to have cropped up again in Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit).

Current Software:
    OS X 10.12.6
    Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit)
    1Password 6.8.1 (681005) [installed from Mac App Store, last updated 2017-08-26

Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Leo_G,

The easiest way to figure out what has happened is for us to review a diagnostic report. This link will guide you through how to create one.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you post the ticket ID here it should help ensure a speed response.

• Leo_G
    Leo_G
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @littlebobbytables,

The problem actually seems to have fixed itself. I don't know why it happened or what fixed it, but it might have just been a temporary glitch on my end. If it happens again, I'll get that diagnostic report and submit it.

Regards,
    Leo

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Leo_G,

If it does return a diagnostic report as the issue is in effect will hopefully give us our best chance at identifying the cause. Of course we hope you never need to and that things just work properly now :smile:

• genghizkhan
    genghizkhan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I've got the same problem with the latest 1password for mac (6.8.1) and the latest beta for firefox (4.6.11.2) on FF beta 56.0b6. The FF button is greyed off and the hotkey for filling doesn't work. I tried filling/unlocking from the menubar thing, but that didn't work either. Then when I tried opening the 1password app, it asked me for the password to unlock. I found that weird, because when 1password mini is unlocked the main app doesn't prompt me for a password. But after I unlocked from the main app, I could use the browser extension.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@genghizkhan That's strange behavior. Was this around a 1Password update or something like that? We have a fairly long delay when the connection to 1Password drops because we don't want to interfere with an update that might be in progress. If you wait a good 30 seconds or so, the button should reactivate. If it doesn't, it could be helpful to get a diagnostics report like @littlebobbytables mentioned above so we can see what might be going on.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• genghizkhan
    genghizkhan
    Community Member
    Options

@jxpx777 I'm gonna wait till I can reproduce the problem before I attach a diagnostics report. :) Might merely be a butterfly flapping its wings in Mexico.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:lol:

• SKinna
    SKinna
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! just signed up a couple of hours ago... same thing as all in this thread. I installed the FF add on/extension. I did all the things as suggested above. Both FF and 1P are up to date. Also I installed the later versions and was able to get the extension to not be greyedout... however, nothing happened after that. Does the FF extension work with something on your desktop or is it only web based?

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @SKinna,

The extension does require the 1Password application to be running and fully set up before it will do anything useful. The extension is merely a bridge between the browsers and the 1Password client, indeed the extension has no UI (User Interface) at all of its own. Whenever you see an image of the helper menu this menu has been created by the 1Password application.

If you have a fully working 1Password application with accessible vaults but the extension isn't working can you create a diagnostic report for us please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you post that here we'll be able to locate the email and take a look.

• ralf_h
    ralf_h
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

As noted before, enabling native messaging in the options got it working:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear this worked for you; let us know if you need further assistance!

• alembic
    alembic
    Community Member
    Options

Where is this setting as shown in the screen shot by ralf_h? I'm using the standalone app 6.8.4.

This discussion has been closed.