Vault remains Locked though master password is correct (after updating)

Options

Hello,
I encouter some issue after I had installed new version of 1Password.
The latest version that worked correctly for me was 4.6.0.604. Since 4.6.1.616 was released I couldn't open my Vault. I enter my master password and it remains locked. I had to get back to 4.6.0.604.

As some time passed I tried to install the newest version - 4.6.2.625 but nothing really changed - I can't open my Vault.

Do you happen to know how to solve the problem?
The second problem is - in this state I can't even generate a Diagnostics Report to send you for looking into this case.

My OS - Windows 7 Professional + SP1
CPU - AMD Athlon XP 2800+ (it could be useful information as it doesn't support SSE2 - which is often a problem when using some sophisticated AntiVirus softwares)

Hope there is some solution. For the time being I will have to go back to 4.6.0.604.

Best regards,
artoor

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional + SP1
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @artoor,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1: We are here to help.

The situation you described is quite strange, because your data in 1Password is kept separately from the application, so when you update the app on your PC, your data is not affected. Could you please specify what do you mean by "I can't open my Vault"? Does it mean that 1Password says your Master Password is incorrect?

Also, please let us know if you are trying to unlock 1Password extension in the browser or the app itself. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• artoor
    artoor
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Greg for your response.
    To answer your questions I mean I cannot open my Vault from the very begining - as here in the screen - http://i.imgur.com/RzL27A2.png - there is no message that master password is incorrect or anything else... I can try to press "Enter" button on my keyboard trying to unlock it but nothing happens - remains as in the screenshoot.
    The situation is from within main app - browser extension have no impact on this :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @artoor,

There has been an important security update since 4.6.0.604, so you should be using the latest version of 1Password 4 for Windows (4.6.2.625). Could you please specify, are you able to unlock 1Password extension when you have 4.6.2.625 installed?

Thanks!

• artoor
    artoor
    Community Member
    Options

Greg, the problem is the latest version of plugin doesn't work either for 4.6.0.604, or for 4.6.2.625 version. So it seems I will have to stick to 4.6.8 and 4.6.2.625. I click on plugin (for firefox) and nothing happens. Below you can have a look. There are zipped avi files.

1. https://filedn.com/lAxKYANMCifVhq6w9MEMTib/2017-08-16_12h57_42.zip - plugin issue
    2. https://filedn.com/lAxKYANMCifVhq6w9MEMTib/2017-08-16_13h07_58.zip - main app issue
  • Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @artoor,

Thank you for this additional info!

To get a better idea of what is going on, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you see such behaviour. In order to do that, please select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File (you can do it with a locked vault).

Attach the exported report file to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post it here, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• artoor
    artoor
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again @Greg,

thank you for your support. I'm afraid I will have to stick to older version... I can't generate Diagnostics Report :( I thought I was unable to do so with the newest version of 1Password4 because it was locked but it looks that I can't do it with any version of 1Password. Neither export to a file nor send via e-mail works (export window doesn't appear at all).
    I'm aware it is hardly possible to solve such a problem without Diagnostics Report so I will have to use the latest version that works for me correctly.

Thank you anyway for your assistance!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @artoor,

We are not going to give up on you so easily, because you should be using the latest version of 1Password on your PC. If something on your PC is preventing the report from being completed, you may be able to get it manually:

1) Open Windows File Explorer, type %TEMP% in the address bar, and press Enter.
    2) In 1Password, generate the report using the Help menu and then look for any files in the Windows Explorer window starting with "1Password".
    3) If you don't see a 1Password.zip file there, select the 1Password files you see, right-click to compress them, and attach the .zip file when you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com (DO NOT post it here, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox).
    4) If you don't see anything in the %TEMP% directory, try entering %APPDATA%/EurekaLog/1Password in Windows File Explorer and you may see a 1Password.elf file. If you do, send that file to us.

I will be looking forward to your reply! Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• artoor
    artoor
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg, thank you for your devotion :)

I did as you suggested. Temp directory didn't contain any 1Password file(s) so I sent 1Password.elf zipped.

Case signature: [#DVI-52938-931]

Once again - thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@artoor: Found your email on our side. We will take a closer look and will get back to you via email. Thank you! :+1:

ref: DVI-52938-931

This discussion has been closed.