Installing old Firefox extension

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password button in Firefox greyed out not working.

Comments

• rja
    rja
    Community Member
    Options

Mac 10.9.5 using Firefox 54.0.1 with 1Password4 4.4.3 Retired now but still use CAD app which will not run above current OS.
    Reading all above and attempting to d'load earlier version 4.6.7 get message on Firefox
    So where to now, appreciate any advice, many thanks Rod

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rja: Do you have "security" software running on your Mac which is interfering with the installation? I'm not having any trouble downloading that here. Try 4.6.8, as that will work too:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4#v4060890

And update to the latest Firefox. Let me know if that helps!

• rja
    rja
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for quick reply brenty, no, no security s'ware installed.
    Now have d'loaded latest FF 55.0.1 and success :).
    ........... But alas see attached

As an aside also use Opera and it allows 1PW extension to work ok, may end up using it as default. Budget is tight these days on a pension and therefore reluctant to upgrade 1PW even though your fee is not high, just reluctant to being in a situation of having to find funds each year. You still have the best s'ware. Again many thanks for any other advice.

• rja
    rja
    Community Member
    Options

......... brenty, have tried several versions now and all have the above CANNOT FILL etc, therefore now have a work around and use OPEN & FILL see attached .........

This will do for now, again many thanks for your assistance :chuffed:
    The constant need to be on top of security issues will always be with us unfortunately.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rja,

For 1Password 4 for Mac users I have been recommending Safari. As you already know the current version of the 1Password Firefox Extension can no longer connect to 1Password 4 and at a point later in the year the same will happen to the 1Password Chrome Extension which the likes of Opera uses. For this reason I have been personally recommending Safari as it has a greater chance of lasting longer.

For users stuck on OS X 10.8 or 10.9 (Mountain Lion and Mavericks respectively) the options just aren't great I'm afraid. They are both unsupported by Apple and as time goes by you'll likely find more software states updates will require something newer. Sorry :(

This discussion has been closed.