New Logins no longer saved

Options
DoctorDan
DoctorDan
Community Member

For the past couple of weeks, I think since the last IOS update, new logins are not being saved. This has happened on several different sites and on several attempts at each. I choose "New Login", enter the username and generate a password. It successfully fills the web form but, as you know, it doesn't fill both password fields. This requires that you repeat the 3-4 step process of accessing the vault again, hitting the "i", copying the password, then hitting cancel twice to get out.

What happens now is that when I go back to the vault to get the new password for the second field, there is not entry in the vault. The new password is lost and I have to start all over again, remembering to copy the password and save it somewhere else first. I am still left with no entry in the vault.

This is, to say the least, not especially helpful. Something must be broken in the save function. Also, you might want to consider some strategy for filling both password fields to eliminate all of the extra work that is currently required.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DoctorDan,

Can you please check and see what you have set for 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults > Vault for Saving? And is that vault enabled in the "vaults included in all vaults" section below?

Also please check and make sure that All Vaults, or the vault you have selected as the Vault for Saving is your selected vault using the vault switcher at the upper left hand corner of the 1Password for iOS interface (when in Favorites, Categories, or Organize).

Thanks.

Ben

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member
    Options

That wasn't set to the vault that I am using 'Pesonal' but it did not save to either personal or primary.
    I have updates the setting.
    It saved when I created an entry in 1pw but not from the 'new login' when accessed through safari's share menu.

• Ben
    Options

Which vault do you have selected in the extension, @DoctorDan? If you have anything other than All Vaults selected it will be saving to the selected vault.

Ben

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member
    Options

God, I don't know. I didn't realize that the IOS extension had its own settings. I assumed that it was using the settings from the app.

I just checked. The extension has personal selected.
    Tell me again why I have both primary and personal and the benefit of having both, with essentially the same contents (and I have no idea how that came to be)?

Dan

• Ben
    Options

Dan,

Unless you have a specific reason to want both, you probably don't. The Personal vault is the one that is part of your membership account. You can delete the Primary vault under 1Password > Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault. You may wish to make a backup of it first in case there is any data you've saved there that has not been saved in the Personal vault:

1Password backups - 1Password Support

Ben

This discussion has been closed.