How do I get past the "account sign in" screen in 1p6? [Local vaults are not supported]

Options
snm77
snm77
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am a longtime 1password user, and it just seems to get more and more frustrating to use. ! currently have 1p4 4.6.2.625 installed. It is no longer syncing with passwords created in my 1password for iphone that are synced to my Dropbox, so I thought I'd try 1p6 on my Windows 10 machine.

The whole reason I chose 1password over something like lastpass is having control over where the encrypted file is. I NEVER want to have my database store din 1password's cloud. All I want is dropbox sync working again from between iOS, Android, OSx, and Windows. How do I get there, with what versions? I have my license, just need to know where to use it if 1p6 is the answer/

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625 and 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Unfortunately 1PW6 is NOT the answer on Windows 10, getting your 1PW4 working again would probably be the best answer. I am just a user, and I think it will need AgileBits staff to advise you.

The problem is that 1PW6 for Windows doesn't support local vaults. This is only because other features had priority, and AgileBits recently confirmed that local vaults will be back in 1PW7 for Windows. On a Mac they are present and never went away.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @snm77,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! I am sorry for the troubles.

Danco is right here. If you prefer local vaults, you should be using 1Password 4 for Windows, not 1Password 6, since the latter does not support local vaults at the moment. If you are having troubles with 1Password 4 on your PC, please create two Diagnostics Reports from your devices, from your iPhone and from your PC, so we could take a closer look:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated replies from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID numbers. Please post those numbers here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.