1password 4 (Standalone) for Windows version 4.6.2.625 and Chrome Extension 4.6.9.90 not working

Options

Installed the latest 1password 4 update ver 4.6.2.625 ;
Chrome extension stopped working
Uninstalled Chrome extension
re-installed latest chrome extension Could not find Chrome Extension unique to 1password 4 , if there is one?

Chrome extension icon now expects 1password 6 membership login to load all my data? true?
when I click on the mini plugin/icon and click on the settings icon it takes me to 1password 6 sign in !

Any help would be appreciated !

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: WIN 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hello @lmoyen! Thanks for writing in! There isn't an extension specific to 1Password 4. Both 1Password 6 and 1Password 4 work with the same one. It sounds to me like the extension is actually disabled, so what's happening is you're getting the typical right-click menu instead on left-click instead of your logins as expected. We did just make a pretty significant change to how the extension works in Chrome with the introduction of Native Messaging, so I'd first like you to check and make sure that this new feature is enabled. To do so, open the main 1Password 4 app, choose Help > Advanced and make sure Use Native Messaging protocol is checked. Enable this option if it's not checked, restart Chrome, give using the extension another try and let me know if that gets things working. If Native Messaging is already enabled, just let me know and we'll take a closer look at other possibilities. :chuffed:

Thanks!

• lmoyen
    lmoyen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kate -- turned on native messaging on the app -- re-started Chrome >> still didn't work.

so I :-1:
    1) un-installed chrome extension
    2) re-started PC
    3) clicked on 1password 4 app -- started it and verified native messaging still enabled -
    3) re-installed chrome extension

now it works as before!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lmoyen: Thank you for getting back to us! We are glad to hear you've figured it out. :+1: Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future, we are always ready to help you with anything. Have a great Sunday!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AEM_632
    AEM_632
    Community Member
    Options

I too have 1password 4 and don't understand why there was no prior notification of this. I have spent hours looking for a solution to the problem. Was an email sent to existing users. I've been using 1password since it came out and I'm disappointed that more consideration was not given to existing users. Are we being forced over to the subscription service?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @AEM_632

Notification of what? Which problem are you having? Is the 1Password extension in Chrome not working for you? Did you try the steps above?

Are we being forced over to the subscription service?

Nope. 1Password.com membership is great, and we think it’ll be the best choice for most customers, but we’re not forcing anyone into it, and frankly it has very little if anything to do with this thread. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.