To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need access into account but lost Secret Key...

Options
kneedragger06
kneedragger06
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Memberships

I would like to subscribe to the family plan but I'm having trouble logging in. I signed up for 1password to test it out awhile ago. But decided on Dashlane. Since then, I've decided to sign up for the 1password family plan but also along the way I have forgotten my secret key....

What are the steps I need to take in order to gain access into my current account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

@kneedragger06: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Secret Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Secret Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account.

If you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Account Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

Otherwise you will need to start over with a new account. Let me know if that helps!

This discussion has been closed.