1Password does not work in the firefox browser

Options

For a few days I can no longer use 1Password in the browser firefox.
You can see the 1 password icon, but it isn't avalabel - can not be selected.
Neither to retrieve passwords nor to store new passwords.
I have already updated 1Password and also Firefox 54.0.1 and deleted the extension and reinstalled the 1Passwordextension.
Unfortunately without success :(

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jaclen,

Can you try the following for me please.

1. Ensure you have Microsoft .NET 4.6.2 or later installed. The reason is the current version of 1Password 4 now requires the .NET framework and if it isn't present or there is an older version this will cause problems.
    2. In 1Password 4 for Windows check to see if the menu option Help > Advanced > Use Native Messaging protocol is enabled. If it isn't please select it.
    3. Restart Firefox.

If that doesn't help can I ask you to create a diagnostic report for us please so we can see if it reports anything obvious.

1. Restart your PC.
    2. Open 1Password and unlock your vault.
    3. Open Firefox and attempt to use the extension.
    4. Create a diagnostic report.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. Can you post that here so we know you've sent it in and to help us locate it. We'll take a look and let you know what we find.

• davidb367
    davidb367
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue with Firefox 54.01 on Mac Sierra with 1Password 6.8. I reinstalled the browser extension.

• davidb367
    davidb367
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to resolve the issue by using the "refresh" feature of Firefox and reinstalling the extension.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @davidb367,

Sorry we didn't get to help you in time but I'm glad you were able to resolve this yourself.

If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to reach out again.

Matthew

• Jaclen
    Jaclen
    Community Member
    Options

There was already the version Microsoft .NET 4.6.2 or later installed.
    I just had to enable the Messaging protocol is enable ..... Now it works again:)
    Thanks for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @Jaclen, i'm happy to learn things are working as they should once more. Hopefully everything runs smoothly now but if you do run into any further issues we're here to help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.