To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master password is getting accepted and not accepted

Options
AlexanderHorl
AlexanderHorl
Community Member

Hi,

I can’t sign in to my account on my.1password.com it says the master password is wrong but I can unlock the mac app, iOS app and Windows app with just the same password.
Though I can’t the delete the trash in my 1password mac app because i says wrong login data. I don’t know what to do now because there is clearly something wrong with my master password. I cant create a new Tresor either. I basically can't use my master password for anything but unlocking the tresor. And I've already tried every possible password that I can remember I've ever used.

1Password Version: 680014
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @AlexanderHorl,

Sorry to hear about the trouble signing into your 1Password account! Were you by any chance using 1Password before signing up for an account? If so, then it is possible that you chose a different Master Password when signing up for an account. If you still have your local Primary vault in 1Password for Mac, then that original Master Password would be what unlocks all your vaults there, whereas signing into the website (or doing things like creating new vaults) requires your account Master Password - hence why those are failing.

Have a read through this guide that has some tips on recovering your Master Password:
    https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Let us know if any of those work and we'll continue from there.

This discussion has been closed.