Problem signing up iOS to 1Password.com account.

Options
Bobalaska
Bobalaska
Community Member

My daughter is trying to sign up to family subscription I recently started.

She had no problem signing up to account. However, help is needed on iOS. Her 1Password version is 3.7, and there does not seem to be a way to sign into account.

Please advise how to do this. I did not want to experiment,. e.g. downloading newer iOS version and trying to migrate her data, and accidentally delete her data.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@Bobalaska,

You'll definitely need to update the version of 1Password on her iOS device to version 6. The instructions for making that transition are available at https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/. Once her data is in version 6 she will be able to then sign into her account under the family subscription and import her locally stored data into her Private vault in her 1Password.com account.

Let us know if you have any questions along the way.

Rudy

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member
    Options

@Rudy, Thanks. I tried following the instruction on the link. Downloaded version 6. Version 3 asked if I wanted to migrate data to the new version, asking if it should "Migrate to 1Password4." I tried that a couple of times; nothing happened.

• rudy
    Options

@Bobalaska,

Your original post looks like it indicates that you've got 3.7 on your daughter's iPhone. Can you try updating to 3.7.2 using the App Store updates page? It should have a 3.7.2 update listed there which i believe will resolve the issue you're seeing where nothing happens when you try to do the data migration.

Rudy

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member
    Options

@Rudy Thanks. She migrated manually; fortunately did not have a great many passwords to process. At least on my device App Store only has current version to update. Perhaps on hers- prior to deleting 1PW3, the latest version might have appeared. Thanks for your efforts. The quick response is appreciated as well.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Bobalaska.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.