Can't login to desktop app

Options

I can log into my.1password.com. I click on my name and then get the apps. When I download the app it does not recognize my password. I searched the online help and followed the online video tutorial. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I do not get the same steps as shown in the video. After installing, it does not take me to a screen partially displaying my secret key where I can scan in my QR code or enter my master passcode. My screen I can only enter my master passcode which brings me back to my other issue where my my.1password.com master passcode does not work on the app. Help!! Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @RKLONGO! This sounds like 1Password 6 was previously installed on this PC and it's utilizing an existing local database that's no longer current. Have you or anyone else used 1Password before on this PC?

• RKLONGO
    RKLONGO
    Community Member
    Options

yes I did. Forgot my master password so I had to delete account and start all over. I thought uninstalling & reinstalling it would take care of that. Can you advise as to steps I need to take. Thanks for the quick reply.

• You'll need to follow these instructions to get rid of the old local database and start fresh. Then you should be all set, but let us know if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

• RKLONGO
    RKLONGO
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks will give it a try in a bit. Appreciate the help.

• Not a problem at all @RKLONGO! If you have any troubles, just let us know. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.