Is there a function where 1Password auto fills in my log in details for all accounts?

Options

Is 1Password only a storage vault which I have to access to find the passwords or is there a way to get it to fill in the log in details for all my sites. I hoped it did this and I not have to rely on the search engines to be my autofill option which seems way less secure???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is there a function where 1Password auto fills in my log in details for all accounts?

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello, @Sheralee_Faull, and welcome to the forums! When you use the 1Password extension, 1Password can indeed fill in your username and password on most sites. You can learn more about using the extension here: https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

That being said, you said one thing that I want to clarify. (Most of the time I don't correct this if it's clear what the user meant, but in this case, I want to make sure that things are clear. :smile:) You said you want 1Password to "auto fill" your log in details. While 1Password does fill in web forms for you, it only ever does so when you explicitly ask it to. Normally, this is accomplished by going to the sign in form, clicking the 1Password button in your browser, and then choosing the matching Login from the 1Password window. But, you could also use open and fill where 1Password will open the Login's website and then immediately attempt to fill. This still counts as explicit instruction though because the extension doesn't simply monitor your browsing and then attempt to fill any time we see something that looks like a sign in form for a site that you have saved in 1Password. Sorry for the tedious description, but I want to make sure that the expectations are set correctly so that if 1Password isn't behaving properly for you then we can start from a shared understanding of how things should be working. :)

I hope this helps. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.