Slow animations and no dismissal options

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited August 2017 in iOS

As a heavy 1Password user on iPad, I am struck by the slowness with which 1Password pops up and unlocks. It never struck me until I spent three days updating account passwords, making the beautiful and whimsical unlock animation seem like torture… This little note is to suggest that 1Password respect the Reduce Animations setting in Accessibility preferences and eschew the "sliding door" effect in favour of a simpler and quicker fade when this setting is on.

It also seems that there is no way to dismiss 1Password from an item's detailed view. Sometimes, I will call 1Password to copy a password (or some other bit of text) to the clipboard. This necessitates opening the share sheet, triggering 1Password, tapping on the small ⓘ next to the item I am interested in, and copying the string. However, at this point, there is no way to dismiss the 1Password overlay: I must exit the item, return to the main list of logins/password/entries, and tap Cancel to dismiss the sheet. Once again, this is a detail, but an irritating one over time.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Deleted User

This little note is to suggest that 1Password respect the Reduce Animations setting in Accessibility preferences and eschew the "sliding door" effect in favour of a simpler and quicker fade when this setting is on.

The animation occurs while decryption is taking place. We could shorten up the animation, but decryption would still take just as long, and you'd be waiting with a less interesting screen to look at.

Once again, this is a detail, but an irritating one over time.

I've run into this irritation myself. Hopefully we can come up with a smoother experience here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.