Why do I have to keep restarting my browser every couple of days?

Options
weavermedia
weavermedia
Community Member

Every day or two I get the dreaded 'greyed-out-icon' in Chrome in one profile or another, or all at once. The only way to get 1Password extension functionality back is to restart the browser. This is a pain.

Oddly, it doesn't fail in every Chrome window. I use several Chrome windows, signed into different Google accounts, and today, for instance, I can't use the extension in my main profile window but it works fine in another.

I understand the age-old 'browser could not be verified' thing but that's not the case here surely, if it's working in one window but not the other.

What can I do to stop this happening all the time?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @weavermedia

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with 1Password and the extension. Have you tried restarting your computer? Sometimes the little things help :chuffed: If you have, can you please tell what version of Chrome you are using? Do you remember when this issue started happening?

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

• weavermedia
    weavermedia
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome 60.0.3112.101 - it' all working again now because I relaunched Chrome to update. I'll post again here next time this happens.

I'll restart my machine in the meantime too.

• rudy
    Options

@weavermedia,

1Password 6.8.1 will display an alert in this situation. If chrome auto-updates, you're going to have to relaunch it in order to use it with 1Password because its code signature is invalid until you relaunch it.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.