I purchased 1Password for iOS some years ago. What is its difference from subscription one?

Options
Bignay
Bignay
Community Member

I purchased 1Password for iOS some years ago which I use for both my iPhone and iPad. The 1Password I have does not have a feature to embed photos of credit card, etc. I was told that I have the stand alone app and not the subscription one. Why is that?
What is the difference between stand alone and subscription 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased 1Password for iOS some years ago. What is its difference from subscription one?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bignay: If you're using the standalone 1Password app, you'll need to backup your 1Password data. Otherwise if your device is lost, stolen, or destroyed, your 1Password data will be gone and you'll have to start over. That's a pretty big practical difference, since a 1Password.com membership means your encrypted data is backed up offsite automatically, so you can always recover it using your account credentials. This also makes it possible to access your data on any device just by signing in. There is no sync setup, or separate purchases for different platforms. You can learn more here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Regarding adding images to 1Password, with the standalone apps this can be done in the desktop versions. It isn't possible to add attachments of any kind using the standalone mobile apps. However, with 1Password.com as a clean slate, we were able to add the Documents feature, which 1Password for iOS can use to upload images to a 1Password.com account, and we'd like to add additional capabilities there as well in the future. And the great thing about 1Password.com memberships is that anything new we add is included. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Bignay
    Bignay
    Community Member
    Options

I clicked the link 'backup your 1Password data' and the steps it showed is backing it using iTunes into the Mac. How about backing up on iCloud? I have allowed 1Password to store data in iCloud on my iPhone. Will this suffice? If in case I lost my iPhone, can I restore my 1 Password data using iCloud? If so, how?

• Ben
    Options

@Bignay

1Password does not back up to iCloud, but can sync there:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

That way if you were to get a new phone you could access your 1Password data by syncing with iCloud. It is important to note that this is a sync, not a backup. This means that if you were to accidentally delete some data those deletions would be synced as well. As such it is still a good idea to make backups.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.