Dual Screen setup with 1Password v6.7 issue

Options

The Dice ware option on 1Password v6.7 occupies overlaps into the second screen (Large Text mode) of My PCs Extended Screen. I tried to reveal a password and could not see all at first until I realised what was happening.

Also some screen dialog boxes are appearing in between the two screens when used with Chrome v60.0.3112.90

1Password Version: 1Password v6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.10.1 (Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Can you describe the problem in more detail, and/or include a screenshot to illustrate it? I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but I'm not clear on how the screenshot you posted already relates to what you said in your first post.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi

This is what the password looks like on my screen (with ends missing):

The other issue:

For the Password Generator, the Generator screen is split in half in-between monitors.

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey @wkleem! This is actually an issue we've seen before and have been looking into, but it appears we've had some trouble reproducing it. Could you tell us a bit more about your dual monitor set-up? I see you mentioned you extend your screen onto the second monitor, but any additional detail may help. Does one monitor have a much higher resolution than the other, for example? If you could take a gander at your display settings and let us know what those are, that could help as well. Thanks! :+1:

ref: OPW6-1274

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Kate : Off hand as I am not at my laptop now, but I have a Dell UP2414Q monitor being run externally from my Sony Vaio VPC F237 laptop. As the laptop is over 4 to 5 years old and has HDMI 1.4 output, that is what I am running on. The laptop screen has a 1920 x 1080 resolution. Even though my external monitor is a 4K monitor, I can only use it as 1920 x 1080 as the driver won't support higher.

The laptop is on Windows 7 SP1.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for additional info, @wkleem! We will pass it along to our team for further investigation. :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

@Greg,

I haven't been using 1Password 4 for Windows lately and I remember seeing this issue previously but not for some time. I may as well go back to using the Password Generator there. No issues there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks again! We'll see if we can find a way to force the new Large Type feature onto a single screen, and tell Windows to position the password generator on only one as well.

This discussion has been closed.