Version 6.7.457 Update question

Options

I have been a 1 Password user for about 12 months and when I boot my W10 Laptop (version 1703, since about 3 weeks age) I have a message on the desktop stating that there is an update available. The message tells me that I have Version 6.7.454.
Before I clicked to download the update I thought I would open the software to see why it hadn't been updating automatically.
To my surprise, <Help <About revealed that I am running version 4.6.2.625 and when I checked for updates the message returned was that my version is up to date and no updates were available.
A couple of weeks ago I believe I tried to act on this update message at boot up and got into a mess with 1Password asking me to identify myself and submit my Secret Key. Unfortunately, I've lost my Secret Key so registered as a new member. The end result of this was that my old version of 1Password remained (version 4.6.2.625) and I don't know what happened to the new version I was trying to download.
I think the message I am receiving now may be due to this failed update or the recent installation of W10 Version 1703, or a combination of both.
1Password 4, which I have, is working beautifully but I suspect it has never updated itself since the original purchase.
Should I just disregard the update message at boot up or should I upgrade?
Many thanks,
John

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10 Version 1703
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @John_P_Aus: It sounds like you have 1Password 6 installed on this PC as well. You only need 1Password 6 if you have a 1Password membership (monthly or annual subscription). 1Password 4.6.2.625 is the latest version of the standalone licensed version of 1Password (until 1Password 7 comes out anyway :wink: ). If you don't have any need for 1Password 6, uninstall it and it will stop bugging you to update it when you boot up. :+1:

• John_P_Aus
    John_P_Aus
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @bundtkate, you were 100% correct.
    Much appreciated,
    John_P_Aus

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :) Please feel free to contact us anytime if there is anything else we can help you with.

Have a great week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.