1password extension in chrome gets stuck

Options

Since recently, the browser extension window often gets stuck when open, no way to remove it or minimize. Computer runs on Sierra 10.12.6, Chrome 60.0.3112.90, 1password 6.8. Thanks for helping. See Screenshot: https://d.pr/i/XUIlgX. Btw: unable to upload pic here, too.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @gariwat! Sorry about that. What version of the extension are you currently using? You posted all the other versions, but left that one out. :) Please try updating the extension to see if that gets things working, and let us know if you're still seeing this.

• gariwat
    gariwat
    Community Member
    Options

well, since chrome extensions update automatically it is on 4.6.9.90. I just got a chrome update now, let's hope I will never see the problem again

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @gariwat,

You may very well see the issue again I'm afraid. The menu you interact with isn't from the extension installed in your browser but is instead part of the 1Password application. The bug you've experienced crept into the latest version, 1Password 6.8 for Mac although I have no idea how it got past all the beta testing. It will be fixed in 1Password 6.8.1 for Mac and my hope is we're nearing on the release of this minor update. Until 6.8.1 is available though restarting 1Password mini will clear the UI (User Interface) glitch although you will need to unlock 1Password again as a result. You can restart 1Password mini with the menu option Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.

• gariwat
    gariwat
    Community Member
    Options

well, it is very good to hear, that you have identified the glitch and are just about done fixing it. Me and my team rely on 1password so much. I would not want to imagine how miserable work would be, should 1p decide to bug bigtime one day....

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gariwat,

I'm right there with you. I rely on 1Password so heavily that I don't want to imagine being without it. I couldn't even access most accounts without it because it isn't just about storing passwords but also the randomised email addresses I use too. Without 1Password I couldn't even use any "I forgot my password" option because I wouldn't know the email address. Fingers crossed 6.8.1 isn't long no :smile:

This discussion has been closed.