Updater issue today!!!!

Options
Sensel
Sensel
Community Member

In this new update on OS X out today, for the FIRST TIME with updates from you guys over the years I have used this, when you run it, it detects duplicate copies of 1Password on the hard drives connected to the Mac and warns you that this could cause install problems.
Well, the problem with THAT dumb warning your engineers decided to add is that, like most smart people with three back ups, I have a MIRROR that I run of my system/internal iMac drive user SuperDuper to an external (and have for years and many versions of 1Password).
But that new warning gives the user no decent options for a copy that, makes sense: a mirrored back up of the main drive.
Not knowing what the hell to do, I just did the install.
I am sure I will not be the last person to see this problem. A simple option for those with mirror copies of 1Password on that warning would suffice. Something!
Also, this AI based Ask a question just sinks. Just let me send you this information instead of the pointless stuff you make your users jump through just to contact you about an issue. Very annoying. It is the Donald Trump of help messaging systems. Overbearing, thinks it knows the answer (but never does), and is hard to work with.

1Password Version: 6.8
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
_Sync Type:
Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:update

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @Sensel. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but due to a bug in launchd (the Apple process that controls how apps launch), we recommend excluding the 1Password app from your mirror. You can of course mirror the 1Password data, just not the 1Password app. If you're concerned that it may not be possible to obtain a fresh copy of the 1Password app when you go to restore your backup, you could keep a copy of the download from our site saved. That would allow you to restore entirely offline, but would also avoid this bug in launchd.

Thanks.

Ben

• Sensel
    Sensel
    Community Member
    Options

Right. I use SuperDuper! to mirror my internal drive to an external USB but, I cannot seem to find anyway to customize the automatic mirroring it does for me so that it excludes an app or folder.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sensel,

See Excluding files or folders from a backup in the SuperDuper! User Guide for how to do that. If you need more help with it, your best bet would be to get support directly from Shirt Pocket. And here's an older thread on their forum with replies from Dave Nanian that might be of interest:

Can I Exclude A File/Folder From Cloning? - Shirt Pocket Discussions

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.