2ndary vault disappeared on installation of update?

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member
  • Help - just installed build #15 on my MBPro - 2ndary vault disappeared. Where is it? How do I get it back....oy!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

referring to above question regarding my list 2ndary vault, I see in my applications folder, I still have the older version (build #14) there. That one still has the 2ndary vault. Is there some way to get that vault back onto the newest build? why is it there on the old build and didn't come over on the new. Can you help with this? Many thanks, tuni

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

After updating to build 6.8 build 15, DH's secondary vault disappeared (I have/had 2 vaults) one for him, one for me. Am looking for it, but no joy.....really need answer to this asap. Using latest OS version (Sierra - all updated) on my MBPro, I sync my primary vault via iCloud, his is synch'd via Drop box. However, his vault no longer appears on my 1 PW - where did i go, how do I get it back?

Many thanks for help

1Password Version: 6.8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: iCloud, Primary VaultDrop box for 2nd vault

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

hey guys,
    I really need some sort of guidance/response re. my 2 questions above. I need that second vault. Should I just delete your new build? Maybe its just too buggy!

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. having received no answer to my 2 different posts regarding the 2ndary vault disappearance, I just deleted the application new build (#15) and reverted to the older build (#14). I know you guys are busy, however, it would have been nice to have received some sort of an answer. Never mind.....:-(

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @tuni12! Glad to hear you got things sorted out. :) I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you — the forum has been quite busy the past few days. If you have some other questions, feel free to let us know.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Well, you can tell me what was wrong and why the vault disappeared? that would help for the future....please & thank you.

• Ben
    Options

@tuni12

I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to that. If you'd be willing to do some troubleshooting with us, we may be able to get to the bottom of it. If that sounds reasonable...

Please generate a diagnostics report now:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Then update 1Password to the latest version. If the problem reoccurs, generate a second report. Then send both reports to us at support+forum@agilebits.com. In the subject of your email please include this text:

[#MKV-18458-513]

We'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben & Jacob - prior to sending the dx report I have one, maybe, important comment/question: My 1PW was purchased from the Apple store. I have a license. Could the fact that the updated build (#15) was from your site (1PW itself), have caused the problem? I didn't think of that til just now??????

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tuni12: It could If you'd used them both at different times, they may be setup with different vaults/data. You should definitely use the version you purchased. If you're still having trouble, be sure to send the diagnostics. That's the only way we'll be able to offer more than speculation. Thanks in advance!

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

do you at AgileBits know if the Apple Store is going to be updating to the latest version which would coincide with your build #15? I'm now using build #14 from the App Store....would help to know as I'm afraid to update to your newest build, due to previous problem with lost vault. thx

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi @tuni12,

do you at AgileBits know if the Apple Store is going to be updating to the latest version which would coincide with your build #15?

Version 6.8 (build #680014) from the Mac App Store is virtually identical to version 6.8 (build #680015) from our website; both are considered the same latest stable version. The next update for both, likely 6.8.1, will probably have different build numbers as well.

As brenty mentioned:

You should definitely use the version you purchased.

From what you've described that would be version 6.8 (build #680014) from the Mac App Store. If you still have 6.8 (build #680015) from our website installed, you'll want to drag the 1Password 6 app (not 1Password) from your Applications folder to the Trash -- the one on the right:

This will not affect your vaults, saved data, or settings. Be wary of using an uninstaller app like AppCleaner, AppZapper, CleanApp, and other similar apps. Uninstaller apps prompt you to delete supporting files when moving an app to the Trash, and this can result in accidentally deleting all of your 1Password data.

If you accidentally delete the wrong version of the app, you can simply download a new copy and delete the correct unnecessary version.

And as brenty also mentioned:

If you're still having trouble, be sure to send the diagnostics. That's the only way we'll be able to offer more than speculation.

We're here to help if you have any further issues or questions. For the future, make sure to stick with the version from where you purchased it - you'll never be updating the version from the Mac App Store with the version from our website, or vice versa. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

WOW- that's the answer I needed. Thank you so much.....now it makes sense!!! YAY!!!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

You're most welcome, @tuni12. :+1:

Btw, your speedy reply snuck in before I added this to mine:

For the future, make sure to stick with the version from where you purchased it - you'll never be updating the version from the Mac App Store with the version from our website, or vice versa. :)

I think that made sense to you now without my having to say it. :lol:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad sjk was able to help clear that up! Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with! :)

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

thanks all, got it,now.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers! :+1::smile:

This discussion has been closed.