Long overdue requests for Android beta

Options
SandManHooHa
SandManHooHa
Community Member

I am revisiting some requests I and others made back in March 2016. here's the thread and the relevant portion from my post,

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/292205#Comment_292205

18 months later, I haven't heard of any progress on these. Ability to add app association so I don't have to search the same apps over and over is my biggest pain with 1P on Android followed closely by the fact that it has the same problem with identifying websites in Chrome on Android.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @SandManHooHa. We've recently revisited filling on Android, and have been working on some other areas which you should find helpful. Rather than improving the keyboard, we're working on other filling implementations that will make it so you don't need the keyboard.

In our beta version, we've added support for Google's Autofill Framework which you can take advantage of as soon as you have Android O. You can fill from 1Password with a couple of taps.

We've also been working on support for Open YOLO, which will work similarly to Autofill. The difference with Open YOLO is that app developers will need to build support into their apps (similar to the app associated issue you brought up), and then you can sign in and save with a few taps. As this was just added in beta, it will take a bit of time for developers to begin to adopt it.

We will also take another look at our own accessibility service and see what we can do there in the future, without the keyboard.

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.