Export iOS to new Mac

Options
bingobangobongo
bingobangobongo
Community Member

I have 1p on iPhone and iMac, synced locally.

Due to a major technical issue on iMac, I was forced to disk repair/wipe/reinstall.

I did not capture my 1password library/backup, but I have current vaults on my iPhone.

I do not use cloud syncing, only local.

I want to export 1p on iOS into OS X. I understand this to not be possible?

So after first backing up the iPhone vaults, I have tried the following:

Sync iPhone to Mac to export the vaults into Mac. This didn't work, despite it syncing with iTunes. I was connected to same WiFi, have checked WLAN is on for iMac but cannot find that option in the iOS app. I also tried Hotspot connection.)

I also tried recreating the 3 vaults on Mac with the same name/same master password as the ones on my iPhone. However 1p cannot connect via WiFi between iPhone and Mac.

I tried to find the iOS backup in iTunes after syncing. I cannot find where that might be copied to in the Mac. I'm not sure I can use 1p iOS backup to OS X 1p.

I have not been able to recover the library using a file recovery program either.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

My last hope is an old Dec 2016 backup on thumb drive.. if there is no other option, can I use this to restore on the iMac from that and then Sync with the current updated vaults on the iPhone? I have done major changes in my vaults since then, including trashing a lot of logins and other redundant information. A huge overhaul actually. Would the latest versions overwrite the older entries, and would all the deleted items reappear?

I'm hoping that I don't have to reenter everything manually.

Using 1p 6.8 on both, with the latest versions of iOS and OS X

Any pointers greatly appreciated, and thank you for this amazing app, and for your help!

1Password Version: 6.8
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.6
_Sync Type: Local
_Referrer
: forum-search:export vault from iPhone to mac

Comments

This discussion has been closed.