To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Not logged in, account created, E-mail already in Use

DaJim
DaJim
Community Member
  1. I created an account
  2. App says something about process failing and stopped.
  3. Got E-mail about my account being set up
  4. E-mail included link saying something about "Emergency Kit"
  5. Link prompted me to log in using "secret key"
  6. Not logged in anywhere because my app failed so can not get any secret key
  7. Cannot make a new account because my E-mail address is already in use

Can you delete my account so I can try to create it again?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DaJim: Thanks for reaching out. I’m really sorry for the trouble there! Do you by any chance have a screenshot or the exact text of the error? Maybe there's something we can do to help avoid something like that happening in the future. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum.

I've sent the account deletion info via email, so just follow the instructions there and then create a new account. Let me know how you get along!

• DaJim
    DaJim
    Community Member

I do not have a screenshot of the error on my phone. I will try again and try to snap a screenshot if it happens again. Thank you for your prompt reply.

• DaJim
    DaJim
    Community Member

It worked as it should this time.I now recognized that the error occurred during the "building you account, bit by bit" part, after confirming my master password. I do not remember what it said. Something along the lines of "something went wrong".

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

I've had that problem too, when I created a testing account in 1Password family. But it was on Firefox on Linux accessed via X forwarding, so I thought this might not be a "supported" setup ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@DaJim: Likewise, thanks for getting back to me! Hopefully you don't encounter any further issues, but if you do we're here.

If you don't mind though, there may be another option. Could you send a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine what happened?

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#GFW-55527-687]

If you’re reading this and you are not DaJim, this Support ID is for DaJim only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Thanks in advance!

ref: GFW-55527-687

This discussion has been closed.