Changing 1p4_zip format (created from iOS backup solution) to opvault_zip.

Options
dwk
dwk
Community Member
edited August 2017 in iOS

Hi, I use WLAN sync between my iPhone and my Windows computer and last night my windows machine crashed along with my backup data from my windows computer. The only 1Password data I have rests inside my iPhone. Since I cannot sync to a new windows machine using my iPhone I created a backup file using Advanced Options > Create BackUp from my iPhone. I noticed that the backup file format was nothing the 1Password 4 client could understand (It uses 1p4_zip). Would it be okay to change the name of the format to opvault_zip ? Would it corrupt any of my data while doing so ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dwk,

Renaming the file wouldn't change the format that it is in or make it any more usable by 1Password for Windows. The backup files that 1Password for iOS creates were only designed to be restored to 1Password for iOS.

Since I cannot sync to a new windows machine using my iPhone

I'm not sure I follow. Why not, if you've got both 1Password for Windows and 1Password for iOS? Maybe we're not on the same page? Could you please clarify what resources you have and what you're trying to accomplish?

Thanks!

Ben

• dwk
    dwk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @Ben
    Thank you for the fast reply. My only data is in the iPhone therefore I cannot activate WLAN sync from the windows client since it doesn't have any data to begin with. Is there anyway for me to move my data to 1Password for windows

• Ben
    Options

@dwk,

You can create a new vault on Windows and then sync it with 1Password for iOS. The data from iOS will be transferred to the new vault on Windows. :)

Ben

• dwk
    dwk
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    I can finally rest at ease knowing this. Thank you for the great support.

I will look forward to the day when I can finally upgrade to 1Password 7 :)

• Ben
    Options

@dwk You are most welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.