2nd line in address

Hi,

Do you ever intend to support a 2nd line in address filling? This question got asked back in 2015, but is now closed.

I have moved house 3 times in the last 2 years for work and it is driving me insane updating all my addresses and having to cut/paste the last part of the 1st line over to the 2nd line.

thanks,
James.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.7
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JamesHenderson: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It isn't something that's supported by any of the 1Password apps currently, so it's not something we can just tack on. We definitely want this capability ourselves, as many of us are in the same boat. But it's not something we can do right now, and will require changes both behind the scenes and in all of the apps for this to be useful in the future. Thanks for letting us know how important that having a second address line is for you. It definitely helps to know which features/improvements people want us to add!

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@brenty ...understood you can't just tack this on, but this has been a conversation for over 2 years now. If you want to support the international community (who have 2 lines as standard), you do need to address this (no pun intended!)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JamesHenderson: Right, during that time we've been continuing to improve 1Password 6. This isn't something we can do as a point update. I also don't think "international community" is a fair characterization, as this is hardly universal. Many folks in large North American cities would benefit from this, and at the same time I haven't seen this to be the case in Asia so much. And in all cases it would need to be done for many languages/regions specifically. It's a much more complex issue than you seem to allow. Certainly it would benefit many people, but we need to prioritize things that benefit the most. I'd very much like for us to add this, but doing this in that same time frame would have meant saying "no" to many of the things we've added to the app you're using in the mean time. Hopefully this is something we'll be able to say "yes" to though finally.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@brenty - fair enough. It wasn't necessary for me when I lived in LA and it would have been very helpful for when I lived in China and Australia. It's definitely useful here in the UK ...sorry if I then jumped to a conclusion re "international" :blush:

J.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JamesHenderson: No problem. No doubt if you'd moved a few times recently and had the same issue it can certainly feel universal, and certainly it's a nuisance regardless! I just wanted to illustrate that there's a lot of variance, and these are things we need to take into account which impact everyone, from developers to users. If we ship something that works great for UK addresses but fails to offer an equally good experience for folks in, say, Finland, that's not really a net win. There are just a lot of factors involved, and we want to be sure we do it right. Thanks for your passion about this! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.