To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What if I leave a team

Options
saschamcdonald
saschamcdonald
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Memberships

Hi,
I have just joined a company using 1Password, we use shared vaults to access stuff. I wanted to know the best practice to store personal data.
My concern is that if I start putting data into my personal vault I would lose this data when I leave the company . Should I establish a separate subscription for my personal vault to ensure my data is always accessible? What is the best practice here please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @saschamcdonald - Well that's a great question and thank you for stopping by to ask :smile: I'm happy to hear everyone is using 1Password Teams. Back to your question!

I would not recommend saving any personal related items within your Private vault. If you ever decide to leave the company and you're removed from the Teams account, you will lose access to any personal data. I would highly recommend signing up for an Individual account and you can add that account to the same 1Password app you currently use with Teams. You can manage both accounts from the same location and move items between vaults and accounts. At AgileBits, we all have an Individual or Families account for personal items then we have our Teams account for work related items.

I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions, we're be here to help if you need us :smile:

This discussion has been closed.