1Password Chrome Extension has malware?! [Not caused by 1Password]

Options
twigz
twigz
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Not sure if it's the extension itself or if I have been infected and it's just infecting the extension, but I have installed reputable malware software and it seems that it does not want 1Password to be enabled. I am experiencing everything this website talks about when 1Password is enabled (https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-ads-adaptv-advertising-com/). I don't experience any issues when I disable 1Password.

This really sucks, because I use 1Password a lot :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• twigz
    twigz
    Community Member
    Options

I take it back... I think. I disabled 1Password and I thought the issue went away, but it just started again. It seems like the culprit is video advertising malware(?!?!). I didn't know that was a thing. But why would the issue stop after disabling 1Password and then start up again a couple of hours later?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hey @twigz

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble with 1Password. If you installed 1Password from our site you should be fine. I have a feeling you might have disabled something more besides 1Password when you did that, maybe even by accident! Do you have any more extensions or toolbars installed? It does sound like you got it bundled up with something else :chuffed:

Please let us know if 1Password behaves for you from now on and if you need help with anything else we're here for you!

ref: DEM-43476-844

• twigz
    twigz
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Pilar,

As I mentioned above, I think the issue is video advertising malware.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @twigz. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.