Import existing Vault into 1password.com account super slow

Options
sam_cohen
sam_cohen
Community Member

(Apologies if this was asked before, I couldn't find anything in a search)

I have an existing vault that's syncing with Dropbox, and I just signed up for a 1password account. I wanted to import my items from the old vault into the new vault (on iOS). I add the new account, it prompts me to copy items, and then it says "copying" and spins for a long time (more than 20min) before I eventually cancel. I've tried this twice. I have only 204 items in this vault. Is there something I can do to speed this up?

Thanks for any help!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Dropbox / 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sam_cohen: That's really odd. Do you perhaps have a very old vault, or some connection issue which may be causing a delay with Dropbox? Definitely try disabling sync and setting it up again with a new vault in Dropbox instead of using the same one. That will give you a fresh OPVault, in case the old one is just damaged. Let me know how you get along!

• sam_cohen
    sam_cohen
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thanks for the reply. I tried disabling sync, erasing the local vault, then pulling down the vault from Dropbox again and had the same issue. I also tried on LTE and on Wi-Fi and still had the same issue. Once it took 25min and didn't get any items copied before I cancelled, and the second time it copied 34 items before I cancelled. I'm not sure how to determine if I have a "very old vault". I'll try from a Mac and on a different Wi-Fi network. Arg.

• sam_cohen
    sam_cohen
    Community Member
    Options

FYI I worked around this by using 1Password on a mac. All good now

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @sam_cohen! Glad to hear you were able to get this working. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.