Suddenly cannot login in to my account on Mac with Chrome

Options
pickykim
pickykim
Community Member

I can still use the Firefox extension but the Chrome extension says I have to login, but it says my login credentials are wrong--even though I know they are correct.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @pickykim! Sorry about that. Let's make sure 1Password for Mac is up to date:

How to keep 1Password up to date

If it is, let's also check that the 1Password extension in Chrome is up to date:

How to keep the 1Password extension up to date

And lastly, there are a few steps you may need to take for 1Password to work properly in Chrome with the latest version of the extension:

If you see “1Password can’t save or fill” when you open your browser

Hope this helps! :)

• annajaneg
    annajaneg
    Community Member
    Options

Having same issue. I'm using 4.6.12.1 in chrome on a Mac and it stopped working. It just brings me to the 1Password website now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @annajaneg -- you are using the current version of 1Password's extension, though you didn't say what version of 1Password for Mac you're using. However, would you please try quitting and restarting Chrome? If that doesn't appear to work for you, can you let me know the specific URL of ours you're being redirected to, along with any other error messages you may be seeing? Thanks.

• annajaneg
    annajaneg
    Community Member
    Options

I've restarted and it hasn't worked. I've been using the mini version. I have 6.8.2 downloaded. When I open the extension, the only thing that is clickable (other than "Remove From Chrome," "Hide in Chrome" or "Manage extensions") is where it says "1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet" which then brings me to https://1password.com/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@annajaneg: Do you have the same problem with the stable extension? I wonder if there's a bug in the beta. Also, which version of Chrome are you using?

• annajaneg
    annajaneg
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know what "stable" extension is. Is that the one that appears in task bar? That one is working although it doesnt auto-detect the page. I have to go in and search for the login I want each time.
    The Chrome version is 61.0.3163.100

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@annajaneg: Sorry! That was pretty obtuse of me...

I meant that 4.6.12.1 is the current beta version of the 1Password extension. If you remove it and install the non-beta ("stable" version) from here (no "bug" icon), do you have the same problem?

1Password browser extensions

Please restart your Mac, try that, and let me know!

This discussion has been closed.