Safari extension unexpected behavior after using Chrome extension

Options
jotaeh
jotaeh
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

My default browser is Safari (OS X 10.12.6). About half of the time, if I open the Google Chrome browser and use the 1Password extension in Chrome, when I return to using Safari, the 1Password extension will not close the 1Password Mini window that it opens. The window persists on top of Safari even after it fills in password credentials. The only way around it is to restart my mac. Is there a fix?

1Password Version: 6.8 (680014)
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jotaeh,

From your description, it sound like the same known bug that's also been reported here:

1Password mini menu won't go away [known issue with 1Password for Mac 6.8, 6.8.1 will fix issue]

… and in other discussions.

When it happens, a workaround is to choose Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini from the menu bar in the main 1Password app.

Let us know if that doesn't do the trick or if there's anything else we can help you with. Cheers! :)

• jotaeh
    jotaeh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks... Restarting 1Password mini only worked sometimes for me. Looking forward to the 6.8.1 update.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the follow-up, @jotaeh.

Not sure why restarting mini is only an intermittently successful for you to work around this, and be sure to let us know if 6.8.1 doesn't fix it so we can further investigate.

This discussion has been closed.