Agent Not Connected in Safari 5.1 (works fine in chrome)

Hello,

I just upgraded to the mac app store version of 1password.

Everything is fine except my Safari browser extension is no longer working. Whenever I enter my master password I get the 'Agent Not Connected' Error.

I've tried restarting safari (discarding tabs), reinstalling the extension. Reinstalling 1password. Restarting my mac, etc.

1password helper is showing in my activity monitor and the error I am seeing in Console is the following:

1Password Helper(306) deny file-read-data /Library/Safari/Databases/safari-extension_com.agilebits.onepassword-safari-2bua8c4s2c_0

Edited to add: it stopped working in chrome as well

Here is my system information:

System Information
System time 2011-9-8 : 17:35:32 Browser version Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/534.48.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.48.3
1Password Extension Information
Extension version 3.8.2 (release notes) Database created at 2011-9-8 : 17:0:35 Instance UUID dcd654f0...6BA7 Uptime (mins) 1
1PasswordAgent Information
Connection status Not Connected 1PasswordAgent version undefined (undefined) Heart beat interval (sec) 20 Heart beat acknowledged No Number of heart beats 0 Round trip elapse time (ms) Data update in progress No Last data update completed at NaN-NaN-NaN : NaN:NaN:NaN Data update elapse time (ms) N/A

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    It looks like your OS X account may not have permission to access Safari's extension data. One thing that stand out to me is that the extension database is somehow located in the system's Library folder rather than your own. For example, my extension database is located here in my home folder:

/Users/khad/Library/Safari/Databases/safari-extension_com.agilebits.onepassword-safari-2bua8c4s2c_0

While yours appears to be located in the system folder:

/Library/Safari/Databases/safari-extension_com.agilebits.onepassword-safari-2bua8c4s2c_0

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report you'll need to download an item using this link:

http://cdn.agilebits...bleshooting.zip

This is a new tool we're working on: the 1Password Troubleshooting application. It's in zip format, so after downloading it your browser may have expanded it for you, or you may need to do so by double-clicking on it using the Finder. You should end up with the 1Password Troubleshooting application -- ready to run. You can move it to any location you normally keep software, or leave it where it is for a quick run.

Launch the 1Password Troubleshooting application and you should see some tabs near the top of the window. Please click on the Diagnostics Report tab heading, and then click on the "Create Report" button. Within a few seconds, a pretty blue image should appear -- indicating the report is ready (this is just like the Diagnostics Report option in prior versions of 1Password for Mac). There's now an Export button you can use to save the report, attach it to an email addressed to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can "connect the dots."
This discussion has been closed.