old iPhone ruined and can't log into one pass on new phone

jendusty
jendusty
Community Member

Originally started using one pass many years ago on an iPhone that got damaged. Trying to access one pass on new phone but I never set up a subscription. Did not set up a trial. I have no master key. So I'm having a difficult time accessing the one pass on my new I phone six plus. I do not understand the Syncing process either

1Password Version: ????
Extension Version: ????
OS Version: 10.3.3
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• Hi @jendusty,

When not using a subscription 1Password only stores your data on your device, by default. If you had set up syncing with a service (Dropbox or iCloud) your data may still be there, and can be synced to your new device if so:

Sync your 1Password data

Otherwise you'd need to get your data off of the original iPhone.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jendusty
    jendusty
    Community Member

And I can't look up onepass version because I have to sign in... which brings me back to my problem... can't sign in. The version is at least 4 years old

• jendusty
    jendusty
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, I can't get the info off the old phone cause it was ruined and could not even get it to turn on. There is a possibility I had some setting where it was synched to the cloud. How can I see if it's there? Remembering can't sign in

• jendusty
    jendusty
    Community Member

I looked up apps using iCloud and did not see it listed.

• jendusty
    jendusty
    Community Member

I always used one pass from my phone. But ever so often I would plug in my phone to my Mac computer and sync it. Is it possible my data is on my home computer.

• @jendusty

Do you have 1Password for Mac installed on your Mac?

Ben

• jendusty
    jendusty
    Community Member

I don't think I ever used it on my mac. I always used my phone. But is there a way to check to see if any data got saved when backing up my iPhone? I also have an external drive that auto backs up my computer

• jendusty
    jendusty
    Community Member

I figured out how to check my applications and did not see it on there

• Unfortunately if you do not have your data anywhere else the only way to recover it may be to get the old phone repaired.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.