To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't access Mac app.

Options
molly_anderson
molly_anderson
Community Member

Hi, I had signed up for a trial many months ago and forgot everything. I wanted to start over so I signed up for an account online and paid the subscription fee. I am unable to login to the Mac application on my computer, it wants me to sign in with the old master password but I hadn't ever saved anything in there. I would like to start fresh. When I go to preferences, it wants me to pay for the Mac version for $64.99. I thought the subscription took care of that fee? Is there a way I can tell the application I want to use my new account and master password? I have tried trashing the application and downloading it again but it just asks for the master password, there is no prompt to enter which email is associated with the application. I'm having the same issue with the Chrome extension...

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @molly_anderson! Welcome to the forums :chuffed:

I'll be happy to help you out! 1Password for Mac stores its data separately from the main app, to protect you losing data if the app is ever accidentally uninstalled. To "start over" so you can sign into your new account, you can find our reset procedure here (note: this will delete any 1Password data stored locally on your Mac!): https://support.1password.com/starting-over/?mac

When you re-start the app after completing the above, you'll get our "welcome" screen, and can sign into your account from there (click the "1Password.com" button).

Regarding the $64.99 value you see in Preferences, that's for if you wanted to buy a standalone licence for the app instead of using an account; your account comes with free access to the app, so there's no need to purchase a licence.

I hope that helps! :+1:

• molly_anderson
    molly_anderson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @john_m! That worked!

• Frank
    Options

Hi @molly_anderson - That's fantastic news! On behalf of John, you're very welcome. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we're always here if you need us. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.