I suppose I should be happy about subscribing?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Android

I've recently bought an Android phone which allows up to 5 users. I haven't tried 5 users but in attempting to create an additional user, I (optionally) need another Google Account which will be without 1Password. "Owner" has 1Password set up with 1Password Pro.

I am uncertain if the "Owner" counts for setting up multiple users.

I am currently on Android N, awaiting Android O.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @wkleem. To unlock the Pro features on an Android device, you'll need to install 1Password from the Play Store using the Google account you used for the purchase. If you have a 1Password account, then that doesn't matter as long as you're signed into your account from 1Password. Either way, the user on the device shouldn't matter, as long as you install with the correct account in Play Store. Give it a try if you like! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Peri,

I thought since 1Password 5+ for iOS being a freemium model, Apple still hasn't allowed for the Pro features (in App purchases) to be shared with other Apple ID users.

Is Android the same? i.e. one Owner and no sharing of Pro features among users who are non subscribers?

• peri
    Options

As far as I know, you can't share the Pro features with other Google accounts. But you can link multiple accounts to the Play Store, so even if your device itself has different user profiles, you should be able to install with the correct account as long as you have the correct account linked to the Play Store. :)

That said, the Pro features purchase is not the same as the subscription. If you're a 1Password account subscriber, you can just sign into your account from 1Password and have full use of all features.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again @peri!

I am still getting used to Android and need, unlike iOS, to set up the phone encryption as it appears off by default? I've already switched to 1Password Keyboard and Autofill.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, it really depends on the device. As far as I know, Nexus/Pixel phones have all had device encryption on by default for years now, and many others have followed suit with recent Android OS releases that support this. But many do not, either because they don't have appropriate hardware, or simply because they were not initially developed or shipped with this in mind — much like the fragmented fingerprint support.

This discussion has been closed.