Box that pops up when I use my browser button frozen on screen

poelarity
poelarity
Community Member

Hello, I've been having this problem the last few weeks every time I use my 1 password browser button. I click the button, select the password I want to fill in, and that works properly. However the little box that pops up allowing me to select a password or use the password generator just freezes on my screen. I am unable to generate any response from it and I can't even move it out of the way. The only way I can get it off my screen is to reboot my computer. Generally so that it doesn't block my browser when I'm working, I have to pull the browser to another desktop. Then the box stays behind. I'm running Mac 10.12.6, using Chrome as my browser, 1 Password 6.8.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @poelarity! Sorry about that. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please reproduce the issue and immediately create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• johnsmithau
    johnsmithau
    Community Member

Hi, I've got the same issue as @poelarity, except it occurs in Safari but not in Chrome.

I'm on:
    1Password Version: 6.8
    Extension Version: 4.6.9
    OS Version: OS 10.12.6
    Sync Type: Dropbox

Any ideas what is causing this?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnsmithau,

What you and @poelarity have described sounds similar to the issue reported here:

1Password mini menu won't go away [known issue with 1Password for Mac 6.8, 6.8.1 will fix issue]

… and in other discussions.

When this happens, a workaround is to choose Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini from the menu bar in the main 1Password app.

Let us know If that doesn't help with your issue and we'll investigate further. Thanks!

ref: JUR-62837-681

• poelarity
    poelarity
    Community Member

That did it for me. Thank you!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of sjk, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.