Cannot download 1pw on my new comp. it says i need .net framework

Options

need to transfer 1pw to a different computer, i tried downloading 1pw on the new comp but it says "to run this application, you must install one of teh following versions of the .NWTframework:......" Can you help me with this please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:problems downloading 1pw

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @silverglow,

Thanks for writing in.

It should've open the web page for you to download .NET 4.6.2 in your web browser. If not, you can download it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

Once you install .NET, restart your computer and install 1Password, it should complete now.

• silverglow
    silverglow
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I have now downloaded 1PW but it's this new version is asking me for a secret key which I don't have. How do I sign in without the key please?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

@silverglow: It sounds like you did not download the correct version for your setup then. You will only have a 1Password Account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s also the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com.

Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault in the standalone app, 1Password 4. I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to install and register the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.