Chrome extension not saving passwords?

Options
XenoPhage
XenoPhage
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Greetings,

I have a user who is reporting that they can not save passwords via the Chrome Extension in Windows. They get the save password popup, but clicking save doesn't seem to actually save the password. Chrome version

I'm not as familiar with 1Password on the Windows side, so I could use some debug help. What should I be looking for, and what can I try in order to resolve this?

Thanks,

Jason

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1Password for Teams

Comments

• XenoPhage
    XenoPhage
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90
    1Password Version 6.7.457

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@XenoPhage: Thanks for reaching out! Sorry for the trouble. Since you mentioned 1Password Teams, are you certain that they have the correct permissions to save it to the vault they're selecting?

You mentioned that clicking save doesn't save the password. Are they getting an error message? What exactly is happening?

• XenoPhage
    XenoPhage
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Good questions. I'll dig more on Monday and see if I can get to the bottom of it.

There was no error message, at least that i was made aware of. The way it was explained, they tried to save, everything acted like you would expect, but the entry didn't appear in the vault.

• @XenoPhage: Sounds great, let us know what you find out! Also, make sure to check other vaults for the item in question. They may have their default vault for saving set to something other than what they intended. :+1:

• XenoPhage
    XenoPhage
    Community Member
    Options

Good point, will check.

• Sounds like plan! Hope you're able to sort your user out, but do let us know what you find out. :chuffed:

• XenoPhage
    XenoPhage
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like this was just a bad initial install. They reinstalled the extension and we're good to go now. Wish I knew what the initial issue was, though.

Thanks for the help!

• @XenoPhage, I'm exactly the same way. Sometimes things just need to be fixed, but any time I'm unable to figure out why issues happened in the first place, it nags me a bit. :wink: Either way, I'm glad everything is sorted for you. Let us know if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.