Can't open 1password windows app

Options

windows 7 pro. Cannot open the windows 1password program. I have tried uninstall and reinstall. It installs, but when I try to open nothing happens. When I try to open through the Chrome extension it opens a new tab and says the "helper" is not running. This all started a couple of days ago when an error message kept opening when I was in chrome saying that 1password had experienced an error and must close (going from memory here). This error would continue to pop up one after another. I restarted the computer at the end of day. The next morning the error message had stopped appearing, but then I couldn't open the program at all.

Thoughts or things to try?

Thanks,

Brad

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bsamuel: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Which version of 1Password do you have installed?

• bsamuel
    bsamuel
    Community Member
    Options

The latest version available for download (6.x). Actually it "magically" started working again Saturday after being inoperable for 3 or 4 days. Possibly due to windows updates?????

• Hey @bsamuel! Magic or otherwise, I'm glad to hear everything is working again. :chuffed: I hope all is well from here on out, but if this issue pops up again, please let us know and we'll keep looking. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.